From:
Wendy Loughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:25:38 -0400
Sharonkay wrote:

>Have anyone taken their ferret or ferrets outdoors and have them meet
>people? How do the ferrets react to the people? What has been your
>experiences? Anyone use carriers on your back/front?
>What about taking them on weekend to a week vacations?

I am owned by one ferret name Kirby.  I take him outside twice a day.
(weather permitted).  He goes outside before I go to work for 1/2 hour.
After dinner we take a walk around the neighborhood.  As far as meeting
new people or kids.  He loves them - no problems.  Kirby is very friendly
and enjoys attention.  I have the neighborhood kids knocking at my door
asking for Kirby to come out and play.  I am always getting stop by people
in there yards or in there vehicles while we are out for a walk.  Asking
me tons of questions about Kirby.  Kirby walks great on leash than some of
dogs that I see walking in my neighborhood.  I use a H harness on him.  I
keep Kirby very close to my side while we are outside for walk.  Just in
case there are any dogs around or any hawks in the area.  Last year, I
travel to Massachusetts for a horse show.  I took Kirby with me.  I have
a front carrier that I use, when I was walking around the horse show.  He
is also on heartworm medicine and advantage.  Just remember when taking a
ferret outside that they don't tolerate hot weather.

Have a nice weekend
Wendy and Kirby

http://www.dreamscape.com/wen