From:
Kiffany Stanczyk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:22:35 -0500
Hi,
Yes, its me again!  Just full of questions lately.  Trying to provide the
best care I can for my little fuzzies.  I have been reading alot of ferret
health stuff and alot of sites recommend giving ferrets a monthly heartworm
preventative.  My ferrets do go outside and to the park frequently.

I was wondering if anyone is treating their ferrets with heartworm
preventatives?  What brand/kind do you use?  Did you test them first?
What kind of test is performed for heartworm and what is the average cost?
I will ask my vet, but the ferret knowledge is very limited around here.
I looked at all the vet places within my area and this is the only one I
found that had basic knowledge of ferret care.  The vet there has a ferret,
but has only general knowledge of their needs.

Thanks so much!

Take care,
Kiffany and the fuzzies, Bailey and Dublin