From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 22:26:41 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was cleaning de cottage, a
never-ending chore, what with de two kits running around. Picking up
toys and putting them away--of course the kits did put them away but
then they took others out and then decided to go outside to play with
friends leaving you-know-who to pick them up. Now just what would
happen if she would just leave them stacked up? She knew what as she
did it before to teach them a lesson. It taught them nothing. They just
played with them like that was the way it was sposed to be. Lets face
it: as a disciplinarian, she was a complete failure. SIGH! While she
was doing her task, she heard a tapping at her cottage door. She looked
up and saw Mimi, de little girl courier, with a note in her paw.

"SaraFerret, I have an important note from the Boss. It seems that a
Mr Scott wants you to check on his ferret Wingnut. Do you remember
greeting her? I think I know where the family lives. He wants to know
how she is doing. He was so upset at the time of her crossing he forgot
to ask for a posting."

She handed me the note and I read it carefully. Then I replied.

"Oh yes of course, I remember Wingnut, just like it was yesterday."

Then my mind began to drift back to de time when she crossed. She
danced across de bridge, so unusual. After I introduced my self, she
told me who she was and then she wondered where all of her friends
were. After all, her Daddy Scott had told her that they would all be
here. I just told her to be patient. At that point, she didn't realize
that she had really changed. But she started to brush her shoulder out
of habit and she realized that she didn't feel just skin, that she
actually had fur there. She looked down at herself and Wowsie! she had
fur everywhere, even on her tail. Oh she began to dance, she felt so
good. Then I told her about the wings she was gonna get. She was kinda
puzzled about dat, but she was game to get them too. If her fur had
come back then maybe the wings would be ok. When we got to the Wing
House and she got the wings, she was so amazed at the colors--bright
pink with silver streaks. When we left dere, we saw Gigabyte, her
friend, who had crossed before her. It was such a reunion. And when we
went down de path dere was de rest of de family--all of dem. Oh and de
party they had--I'll tell you one thing--dat group knows how to dance
and party.

Then I snapped out of my reminiscing and realized what I had to do. So
I asked Mimi if she wanted to go with me. She said "Sure." So off we
went down de path through de sweet williams, across de green clover,
over the bridge, and through the tall green grass and there it was.
Something new had been added. They had a sign on their cottage. "Tall
Grass Prairie" I believe there was more tall grass there around their
cottage than before also. Maybe dey had made arrangements with de Boss
for it.

I knocked on de door and a pretty Silver Mitt with a pink nose came to
de door (ah if memory serves me right dis was Gigabyte). I asked if
Wingnut was dere and she said, "Sure she is, SaraFerret, but she is in
the other room. Come on in, and I'll get her for you." She scampered
away and returned with Wingnut, who said, "Hi SaraFerret, what's up?
Any special reason for this social call or are you just stopping by to
hang out and dance with us?" I replied, "Oh Wings, you know I love to
dance with you girls, but there is a reason I came by. Your daddy sent
a note wanting to know how you are doing. He was so upset by your
crossing awhile back dat he forgot to ask for a posty. So here I am
to take you. Are you ready? Does anyone want to go with you?" Gigs
replied, "I want to go." And as we went out de door a large group,
Ivan, ABBA, Bubba, Bodie, and Flower ran up to see what was going on
and when they heard, they wanted to go also. (You know how fuzzies are,
curious and always wanting to be a part of everything). ABBA whispered
to Gigs, "The others are gonna be so upset when they find out they
missed something because they were off to the mudslide, but oh well."

So off we went down de road, through a short cut to de Misting Pond. We
sat down beside de cool clear water. With one swish we saw a vision of
Daddy Scott surrounded by his fuzzies appear. Wings got so excited she
started waving and dooking with all of her might. (Of course I could
hear de famous music playing in de background here at de Bridge).

"I love you Daddy. Thank you for loving me. I feel really good now and
I has fur all over and a nice bushy tail. Oh yes and all of my friends
are here. And its so nice to see you again. I have beautiful wings and
I can fly everywhere except back to you. We dance a lot here and we
play a lot of games and we go swimming and we slide on a mudslide. We
has lotsa fun."

Then she began to thrown hugs and kisses and songs and wrapped dem with
all of her love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed
to your house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed
dere. And with another swish de vision was gone.

We left there and went down de road to their cottage in one long snake
dance led of course by ABBA de Dancing Queen, followed by Wings, and
then de rest of de crew. The music of course -- you guessed it -- of
course--all de music by ABBA. I don't think I will ever get dat music
out of my head. We danced an hour or so at de cottage. Of course we had
food--where did it all come from? They had no notice dat Mimi and I
were coming. Hmmm--maybe the Boss? Ah well, such are de mysteries at de
Bridge. It was so nice to know dat Wingnut was with her friends and dat
de cottage had a new name and she had found her forever home.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret,
bridgegreeter