Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:42:57 -0400
hey Barb, I'm surprised you didn't like the movie! but maybe you don't
like the genre?

for everyone else, without giving away the plot, its sort of a fantasy
romance, and definitely one of my favourite movies for this year. when
I saw the trailer, I thought it was just bad guys chasing a girl and
a boy protecting her kind of thing, and I was pleasantly surprised at
the twists in the plots, and there was a lot more humour than I was
expecting. the movie is based on a book of the same title by Neil
Gaiman. I'm probably going to pick up that book and some of the others
based on the story of the movie. not a huge whack of special effects
or anything, its definitely more for the story.

I tend to like movies on the lighter side, and am a big fan of Pixar
and Studio Ghibi. I am trying to think of comparisons for Stardust,
and I'll have to say it reminds me of the Princess bride a bit, except
I like this more.

and the scene with the ferrets is totally worth the price ;)

Selina, Clef, Popcorn, Sorin, Mochi, Jolt & Cola