Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:20:07 -0600
I am in Central Arkansas and just received a call about 2 ferrets being
found.  I am not a shelter but have had many calls regarding ferrets
because I have a lot of knowledge and experience.  My vet calls with
questions on the ferrets.  I have had ferrets for 10 years and still
currently have 4 in two separate cages.  I will be receiving them
probably this weekend and I can keep them for a few days but I cannnot
keep them permanently.  Mine do not get along with eachother-paired
off 2 and 2.  These sets were both given to me because of the previous
owners not wanting them anymore.

Anyways, on to the current ones needing placement.  The person that has
them (I have not spoken to yet) does not know if they are male or female.
Signs have been posted and no contact from the ferrets' owners.  These
two ferrets were found running around the dumpster in an apartment
complex.  They were called and the ferrets both ran up to them, no
nipping or problems.  She currently has them in a box and bought them a
litter box and they're both using it no problems.  (She obviously doesn't
know too much about ferrets--thinking they cannot jump out of a box).
She was able to bathe them with no problems whatsoever, but she doesn't
want to keep them.

I do have another cage that I can clean up to house them temporarily
but I don't think I can take 2 more on.  Besides my 4 that have to run
at 2 separate times (one is blind/deaf), I also have a Jack Russell who
must be caged while they're out running and I have 3 human kids ages 2,
3,5 and 5.  My kitchen has 2 large ferret cages where my kitchen table
should be.

If anyone is nearby and could help in finding these little ones a home,
please email directly at [log in to unmask] .  I will get more
information in the morning on these 2 kids.  I can help in getting the
ferrets checked out by the vet, also.  My vet is knowledgable to a
point...I trust him for routine care and minor accidents but anything
major I do goto another vet 30 miles away who I trust all my ferrets
with...who has also done adrenal surgery and lymphoma problems for me.
In any case, I have a vet ready if need be.

Please let me know if you can help in anyway.  I can take these guys and
will care for them permanently and give them a great home if I have to.
She wants to just place an ad in the paper and get rid of them asap.
This is how I got involved..  Knowing I have ferrets and have taken
many surrenders.