From:
Wendy Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2009 07:05:02 -0700
It's been a difficult morning;. We helped our little foster ferret
Hanky cross the bridge. Hanky had only been in our home for 2 weeks.
The poor little guy was surrendered to FBOG (Ferret Business of
Georgia) by someone when he was barely a year old. There Hanky stayed
with the wonderful shelter mom Juliana for over 4 years. Hanky didn't
care for other ferrets, except for Pilliage (who was another shelter
lifer due to the fact that she had a reputation to be nippy. Pilli went
to the bridge earlier this month). I did not meet Hanky until this past
December. He and Pilli were full of personality and were called "the
calendar boy and girl" because of how beautiful their coats were. When
I met Hanky, all that was left of his beautiful coat were this adorable
"mutten chop side burns". This past week Hanky had an icky belly, so
off to the vet for some antibiotics. He stopped showing interest in
food and treats..... then developed some sort of bladder infection...
blood in his stool...... So this morning at 8:30 we helped him cross.
I'm asking if a bridge greeter could please email me privately letting
me know that he made it safely. That we wish we had more time with him
and love him so much! His "girlfriend" Pilliage is probably so happy to
see Hanky again. I hope they can find our little guy Cho who lost his
battle with jv. lymph. Cho was the first ferret I had to help cross.

To all of the bridge greeter, thank you for helping our fuzzies find
there way over, making sure they are not scare of what's going on,
helping them find others who are waiting. I can not thank you enough
for the comfort you provide to them and us.

Hanky darling we love you very much. You were one special little guy.
We will miss you.

Wendy