Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 20:48:19 -0700
I had this happen to me recently.

I had someone who I picked over all others because she wanted to take
in a ferret with lymphoma, and wanted to get him chemotherapy. Great,
I thought!

Then she asked me a ton of questions, got answers from me, her vet,
etc. Did a lot of research. She then started saying how great he was,
and adopted him. This woman runs a Critter Rescue yahoo group.

Well, she asked me to join the critter group. I did, and then...what do
I see. She is adopting out all her animals because she's moving, except
some rats and she needed to find homes for a long list of animals.

She knew she was moving, and why did she adopt him? I think she's
a collector, to be honest. Anyway, even the nicest people can just
"turn out bad". I emailed her several times, saying I could find
Simon another home. She declined, saying she was going to keep him.
She then posted something about "the ferret got adopted out". WHAT?

WHAT?????

She dumped him off at a shelter up north in Traverse City.

What a wonderful woman. Luckily for some closure I got to call the
shelter, but of course, they think I'm a jerk. It's not my fault, but
what can I do. They are keeping Simon with them, because he needs their
care. Simon needed to go to someone who wanted to take care of him, and
this woman pretended to be that person (or thought she really was). I
won't really know either way. A lot of people like to think they are
helping, and act like they are, but when it comes down to it, they're
truly detached, and are only in it for the quick thrill of "saving"
something. Then after that, they're done.

Laryssa