From:
Laura Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:10:28 -0400
I did not see the webpage, nor do I care to.  I was out for the ferrets
and for Barb Clay at Oktoberfest pretty much the whole time from Friday
noon until yesterday.

It was a terrific time and I had a wonderful experience.  Barb is nothing
but the utmost professional when it comes to the shelter and she very
carefully reminds people that the shelter ALWAYS comes first at these
events.  I am very proud to call her my friend and fortunate that she has
given me time and assistance with my own ignorance about ferrets.

"ferretsheltermom" - IMO, you are a coward for not signing your real name
to an inflammatory mark.  You posted in another forum about this same
topic and I said as much to you there too.  For you to use a picture that
was taken over 3 years ago and was meant in jest shows what an awful
person you are.  Do I know you personally?  No...I can admit that.  But
for you to attack someone that I know to be truly "for the ferrets" makes
you someone I don't want to know, nor be associated with your "shelter".

Your ill-timed attack was meant to destroy Barb's credibility and her
reputation, but instead, made you look foolish.  Oktoberfest was not only
a fun event, but was well attended (particularly considering the call for
rain) and was a good family fun event.

The horrible picture that you elected and purposefully made public was
taken at a non-Rocky's event and was indicative of Barb's terrific sense
of fun and humor.  Her ability to rise above the foul and vile intent was
very evident this weekend as she handled questions and comments about
your vicious personal attack as she handled herself with restraint and
resolve to continue to move past your purposeful strike against her
character.

Additionally, I might also add, that your lack of faith in your own
assertions is evident because you "anonymously" posted about this
subject.  It is amusing to me because you look foolish to many because
you fail to realize that by doing this without credit for what you have
to say, anyone who is intelligent enough to look at the "facts" as you
present them and laugh them off...because you haven't the conviction to
stand up for your words and actions.

BIG, I may not know you, but I know that you tend to remain ambiguous
when it comes to "flames" and personal attacks and I know that we all
mostly appreciate that.  I also know that you would never intentionally
allow something as inflammatory as this be published and we are fortunate
to have you be a willing moderator to the free expression of our
thoughts, feelings, and opinions.  Thank you.

I cannot tell any of you how appreciative I am to Barb for the
outstanding work and effort she puts into educating people about and
protection for our ferrets.  SHe is one of many folks who are truly for
the ferrets.

Barb, Thank you!

Laura Lee

The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die courageously for a
cause, while a mature man wants to live nobly for one - j.d.salinger
"catcher in the rye"