From:
Elizabeth C Schillo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 08:57:32 -0400
My name is Elizabeth Schillo and I am a sophomore in High School involved in
a Science Fair project that I have continued for two years.  This project
is designed to discover ways to make living with a ferret more odor free.
In my experience, I have found these critters to be charming and lovable
but offensive to other members of my family.  Therefore, I have undertaken
the huge task of trying to find a way to make the ferret's odor less
offensive to others without having to bathe them as often as we do
ourselves!  To assist me, I am requesting help from as many ferret owners
as possible.  Please take a moment and fill out the following
questionnaire.

1. Is your ferret(s)   male      female      How many?

2. How old is your ferret?

3. What kind of ferret do you have?

4. Is your ferret   spayed    neutered   de-scented

5. What kind of bedding does your ferret use?

6. Does the environment the ferret is in stay the same all year round?
   Yes      No
   Does the temperature stay the same in the environment?    Yes      No

7. Have you used a variety of foods?   Yes      No
   If yes, have you noticed the odor to change as the food is changed?

8. What is the best type of shampoo you recommend to use on a ferret that
   will decrease the odor?

9. If you have more than one ferret, both male and female, have you
   noticed a stronger odor at various times of the year?

10. Do you have any recommendations to reduce the odor of a ferret?

Thank you for taking the time to answer this questionnaire.

If you are willing to respond to other questions as the project
continues, or receive the results please add your name and address.

Elizabeth Schillo
2306 Wallington Drive
Albany, GA 31707

(912)435-2128