Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:40:59 EST
I know, I just posted earlier today with the joyful news of the two great
boys I have adopted.  I took my time in getting them.  Tracing their
history as far as I could to make sure they hadn't been exposed to a
corona virus.  And that they were ADV negative.

After I posted this morning, I noticed that my six year old, Pepper,
wasn't feeling so good.  Feeling so bad in fact, that she didn't even
give her sweet ferret kisses.  I also noticed that she was having runny
poops.  Not green slimy ones, just loose and somewhat phlemgy(sp) looking
ones.  I called my vet and took her and Bubbles in right away.  They both
were having some stress related poops due to the new additions.  Bubbles
was still eating, but Pepper didn't even want Ferretvite.

The vet couldn't say that they had ECE.  Said that with stress their
immune system would be suppressed and they could have picked up
something.  Pepper was given an antibiotic shot right then.  They both
are now on antibiotics, pepto bismal and metoclopramide.  I have also
made up a batch of duck soup and am making sure Pepper is getting
something to eat.  Bubbles is still eating on her own, but gets a
spoonful of duck soup just because.  I am very concerned about their
health due to their age.  Bubbles is seven and Pepper is six.  Pepper
is also a very petite little lady.  She weighs 1 pound 9 ounces.
Bubbles is a full two pounds.

Sorry this post is so long.  I am beating myself up as a ferret mom.  I
knew there was a risk in bringing in new babies.  But I also was very
concerned that before long one of them would become an only ferret.  I
don't know how I would handle another loss this year.  I have lost three
and it would be totally devastating to have another one cross the Bridge.
All thoughts and prayers would be truly welcomed.

For the love of ferrets and the human hearts they hold,
Barbara Laugesen
Bubbles, Pepper, Blake and Calvin
At the Bridge - Sneezy, Nosey, Rosey, and Rascal