From:
Sharon Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 09:40:49 EDT
Thats a tough one.  There are lots of commercial cleaners designed to "eat
out" a stain.  Designed for specific proteins or oil or dye based stains.
I would definitely call the carpet place the rug came from and ask their
opinion.  If its new carpet, using some products might void a stain
warranty.

If the carpet place doesn't have any suggestions,  Here are a couple:

1. Vinegar and water.  (at the least non staining in itself)
2. Clear dishsoap.  (again non staining in itself and we already know it
   takes out "oil" with no problem.
3. If you clean up the laxatone and there is a stain, lemon oil worked on
   my favorite dry clean dress that three different stain removing
   chemicals couldn't remove, and yes I had it done professionally, and
   it was a tea stain with creamer, so it was light brown on ivory.

Good luck, I have three kids and now five furkids and I have surrendered
my carpet to look like "Hell'o" for at least the next few years while my
youngest gets some more coordination.

Incidentally if you do have your carpet professionally cleaned, don't use
a steam cleaner, use a chemical.  Carpets are held together with glue in
the weave, host steam, water, dissolve that glue, shortening the life of
your carpet.

P.S. Silver carpet?  Wow!  That sounds beautiful!