From:
Barbara Gustafson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 20:46:13 -0600
Hi all,

I had such a chuckle a couple nights past that I just had to write to share
it with you all.

Several weeks ago my husband and I made the decision to allow Hobie, who's
almost 12 now, to have the run of the house during the day while we're at
work.  He's become quite arthritic and has trouble negotiating the stairs in
his cage and so we felt this would be easier for him.

Anyway, upon arriving home after work my husband opens the gate (which keeps
him, Hobie not my husband, out of the porch) and lets the dog in.  He then
went outside completely forgetting that Hobie was out and didn't close the
gate behind him.

I can just imagine the look of glee on Hobie's face as he sauntered into
the dining room and saw the gate (which he is never allowed past) standing
wide open.  No doubt he made a direct bee line.

Now the reason we never let them out there is that there is a small access
under the floor which leads to a crawl space and a doggy door to the outside
world.  The crawl space has a dirt floor and whatever assorted items my
husband has chosen to hide under there.  Not a place I voluntarily venture
into.

Hobie must of thought he'd found heaven on earth!  An hour or so later my
S/O comes back into the house and realizes what he's done.  PANIC CITY!!!!
Out comes the flashlight, down he runs to the basement and the entrance to
the crawlspace, only to find our Hobie standing in front of the doggy door
peering at the light coming in through the cracks.  HEAVY SIGH OF RELIEF!!!!

When I arrived home I picked up Hobie to give him his kisses and said to my
husband "Why is Hobie covered in cobwebs?"  And that dear friends was Hobie's
big adventure.

Barb Gustafson (aka Boots)
Alberta Ferret Society