Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:09:56 -0500
Thank you to everyone who responded to my plea for help for ferris.  I took
him to the vet after i posted the message and she examined him for about
everything there is that a ferret can get.  All he has is a very bad cold
which is a huge relief to me.  She gave him amoxil and he's doing sooo much
better now.  I'm sorry to everyone that wanted to know how he was doing
that wrote to me becuase i didn't write sooner.  truth is i got married on
saturday so between sick ferret and the wedding i didn't have time to do
anything but worry and get stressed.  Now everything is so much better.
It's great that when i have a problem with my fuzzy i have somewhere to go
to ask for help because he means so much to me.  not many people where i
live do much with ferrets (mansfield ohio) but that's because most of the
people here think ferrets are wild animals unless they see them in the
petstore.  I use to work at the petsore here in town that sells ferrets
for about a month and a half until i realized they are there only to sell
animals and make up a bunch of bull about them to push them onto customers.
this is very wrong.  The manager knows nothing about ferrets and has sold
hundreds of them to people who ask him for advice.  he told one woman the
only thing you have to do to them is clean their cage and keep them in a
cage like hampsters.  Even hampsters need out of their cages once in a
while.  I went to correct him since i have one and told the lady they need
out to play just as much as cats or dogs did and he yelled at me for doing
that so i quit.  But this is a completely different issue and i'll post
more about that later but right now i'd like to say thank you to everyone
who told me what i can try for the fuzzy.  The kayro syrup helped the most
because he was dehydrated.  he didn't like the chicken soup (he's finicky)
but he's doing much better.

Thank you very much for all of the help and concern.

Thank you Carissa and Sir Ferris the Bad Boy Rat of Ferret