From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 08:14:04 EDT
Hey Georgette--
Your ferret is not the only one with a bizarre nose fetish!  Amelia has
woken me up in the middle of the night a few times by sticking her nose up
my nose-- a truely odd odd odd sensation, and one that startled the heck
out of me the first time she did it at three in the morning.  I'm not
exactly sure what they think they'll find....

I can't remember who wrote about two of their ferrets pawing the side of
the water dish with one paw while holding it with the other-- Amelia does
this as well, she does it to make the water slosh out onto the floor.  For
some reason, she vastly prefers drinking water from a thin film on the
floor rather than from a dish.  The funny thing is when she sloshes too
much and soaks her chest and feet-- traitorous water dish!

To Bill the Ferretologist in NZ-- your post sounded like Mercy was pregnant
when you found her-- was she?  How some people can be so horrible to the
animals that can bring them so much joy is beyond me.  I'm glad you found
her and gave her a helping hand, so to speak.

And, while I'm rambling,
Kelleen, you posted a while back that you thought Fancy would make a fine
ferret name-- well, my mom has a greyhound named Fancy, shortened from her
track name Fancy Diamond (white diamond on the back of her neck).  My mom
thought at first it was a silly name but it suits this delicate spindly
somewhat silly dog.

And that's it for today, my fine ferrety friends!

Regina (!@*%^ What tha...)
Amelia (Hmm, I wonder what's in here...)