From:
Jose Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:35:28 -0500
Hello FML,

Amanda wrote the following:
>Ok, I mentioned Monty's cage rattling before and nothing really worked
>but it wasn't very often so it wasn't a big deal.  Now however he's
>doing it all night long!  It kept all of us up all night long, and my
>husband could sleep through a nuclear bomb!  I love him to death but i
>don't know how many more nights like THAT I can take!

Amanda, I was wondering if Monty is rattling his cage because he is
looking for more playtime.  My Tango would do the exact same thing and he
would also tip his water and food bowls over whenever he wanted back out
of the cage.  He just needed a little extra time and affection at that
point.  I made sure that he had adequate time out of the cage during the
day or evening when he got like that.  I also would usually just get down
on all fours and play with him some more and cuddle him until he couldn't
stand it and then when I put him back in, he was content for the rest of
the night.  Now, I know you can't be up all night trying to play him out,
but maybe just some extra time during the day or evening out of his cage
will help a lot.  Usually they do this sort of thing for attention or
something that may be bothering them.  You might want to consider what
it is that might be bothering him or if he just needs a little extra
attention right now.  Have to remember, they have moods just like we do.

Good luck! :-)

Warm fuzzy hugs!
Tracy J.
Tango, Chico, Roo, Spunky & Leah (remembering Pepe')  =20