Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:44:31 +0000
I have to say my vet is superb.  He is in his late 60's and a gem.  He
loves wildlife anything that gives a challenge and prefers animals to
humans.  This often upsets the owners but half the time they have done
something stupid in the way they have cared for their pet.  He always
washes his hands before and after each animal and the table is wiped down
by Sheila the nurse after each animal.  The floor in the waiting room is
washed twice a day as well!

I dread the day he retires quite frankly as he really cares about animals.
I have had many rescued animals from him over the years and if he doesn't
know what is wrong with an animal he is not afraid to say.  He hadn't had
much to do with ferrets before I took mine but after Warhol was castrated
and kissed the vet to pieces he was impressed enough to go and find out
some more about them.

I chatted about micro chipping with him and he was truthful enough to
say he wouldn't be happy microchipping a ferret as it was so small and
suggested I found somebody who had done it before.  He also did a mastecomy
and a hysterectomy on my daughter's pet rats.  Not many vets here would
even bother with small animals.  The larger the animal the more money they
can get so it would seem.  This vet owns several birds of prey with wings
missing or other damaged bits, a brain damaged fox and rehomes swans and
badgers.

selkie

Visit my hiding place at
http://www.selkiescave.cjb.net
If you are curious about Ferrets enter here.
http://www.ferretmania.cjb.net
The Ferret site was designed by my daughter, who suffers from Psuedotumor
Cerebri, known in UK as Benign Intercranial Hypertension.