From:
Rebecca Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 10:40:29 +0100
Thanks for all your responses about adopting a ferret.  Someone pointed out
that I neglected to mention which TriState I live in and that the country
has various groups of states referred to as such.  Oops!  I live in New York
City.  Also, I've responded to several of your personal e-mails, but my
e-mail system is so unreliable I don't know if anybody received them.  Just
so you know, I've sent to Kat Kuckens, DeBorah,Dawn, Heather, Carolina, and
Vanessa.  If any of you never received them let me know.

The name game

Vanessa: I've had three ferrets and prided myself on their double entondra
(sp?) names.  First was Sneakers, named so because I had to "sneak" "her"
into New York on an airplane from Texas AND because she loves to chew on all
my sneakers.  Next came Scarf, he was a fatty and always scarfed down all
his food AND he would ride not on one shoulder (he was too big) but draped
across both like a scarf.  Jitterbug is my third and her name was a little
simpler.  She is a big ole scaredy cat and was so jittery at first (she
shakes a lot) that Jitterbug seemed to fit her like a glove.

I'm not a big fan of naming pets with people names, so I loved that you
named your other fert slinky.  Maybe you could have sort of toy theme and
name the other one something like Playdo, Ka-banger, Sit-n-spin, Lego,
Raggedy Ann, or even Silly Putty.

Steve: it WAS me who wanted to know about the acronyms - thanks

Catch you all later.

     Rebecca &
     Jitterbug