Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 10:05:30 -0500
My little ferret, Sonnet, passed away suddenly last week.  I was out of
town, and I never got to say goodbye.  My husband found her dead in the
cage, she was only four and a half.  She was a bit of a loner, not terribly
fond of other ferrets, except her sister, Haiku, who she's been with all
her life.  We picked her up the day we got back from our honeymoon.  She
was my problem child.  She got out and killed my bunnies a couple years
ago.  Last summer she escaped through a small hole the dogs made in the
screen door, and was gone for three days - she was picked up by some
wonderful people the morning after her escape.  I've never been so happy
as the day I saw her safe and sound.  That was also the day I found out I
was pregnant, but she'll never get to meet the baby now.  She didn't like
strangers or other animals much, but she loved my husband and myself, and
she loved to be carried around.  She would clean him up when he came home
sweaty from working out.  She sort of slowed down after her outdoor
adventure, and a severe ear infection, but I didn't think anything was
seriously wrong.

So Sandee, could you help her find some friends to play with, so she
doesn't spend all her time by herself.  She can be a bit tough on ferrets
she doesn't know, but she's a good girl under that.  And make her write a
polite note of apology to Keppler and Tobbler, who I'm sure know she didn't
want to hurt them, just boss them around a bit.  She had the most amazingly
soft sable coat all the time, perfect little features, dark brown to almost
black feet, and white marking on her face.  Tell her the house seems
awfully empty without her, and we miss her.

Wendy and the other five ferrets