From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 21:56:13 -0700
In this posting, there is a message that is related to ferretdom.  As many
of you know, I, the Ferretguy have congenital heart disease(thanks dad).
In the last two years, I have had six heart attacks, even though I have
taken my meds faithfully, started walking more, and tried to keep my stress
levels down.  Reading Dees letter about Eric and Mary didn't help the last
factor at all.  Recently, I spent 2 1/2 months in the hospital.  My mother
in law was also dying of cancer while I was in the hospital.My wife and the
president of Especially Ferrets Inc.  kept the shelter open even while
dealing with great burdens upon herself.  The shelter by no means operated
at any level of efficiency, but all the volunteers rallied to feed, water,
and clean the cages for 130-140 ferrets while Gloria was sitting with
either myself or her mother , wondering which one of us was going to die
first.  ( I actually was dead several times and on life support for
awhile).

When I praise my volunteers at every chance I get, I can never repay them
for the help they have given to the Fuzzies at Especially Ferrets.  I let
them know that the most important thing in a persons life should be their
family, and when they take the time away from their family to help the
fuzzies at our shelter, I am so honored to be in their presence.

Eric and Mary are spending time to heal their family.  The amount of money
any one person has lost is trivial and insignificant compared to what they
have given of themselves to all the ferrets in this world.  Their circle
of friends are supporting them in whatever it takes for Eric to get well.
Even though I personally don't know either one of them, I too support
what they are doing and if MF has to be late, or never even comes, I will
understand.  For I too have had to mend myself and had the support of my
family and friends in doing so.  If it weren't for them, I don't think I
would have had the will to go through so much pain to carry on.  Dees words
have fallen on deaf ears here at Especially Ferrets and our prayers go out
to the Sheffermans to get well.

Hugs to all,
Ferretguy