From:
"Kraska, Christel, Ms, SAM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 16:30:00 -0400
Hi fellow ferret-philes:

You-all are wonderful !!!!

Thanks to those who make the FML possible (you, too, BIG--tee hee) &
everyone for sharing their knowledge, caring & experience.  I learn : ) a
lot : ) , I also LOL at the funny stories, find myself nodding in agreement
or commiseration, & sob as I read about suffering fritters, & the rainbow
bridge.  If I start to feel disgusted with the dark side of humans, I read
some FML & I believe there's still hope for homo sapiens.

Anonymous Tom:
My fritters (ferret + critter = fritter), for the most part, came to me as
adults.  And for the most part, didn' think nutrical or ferretone were
anything to celebrate.  They would sniff & reject.  However, they were all
(each & everyone) convinced after I touched their noses with the stuff &
they had to lick it off -- feet didn't work, they'd just run off with a glob
of nutrical stuck to their foot.  Now they can't get enough & make my dogs
very jealous (they love it, too).

Charlene:
Don't know that ear mites can get into the brain, but I do know that they
can have serious consequences.  I have an adoptee, Chaquita, who's head is
permanently tilted to the side (she looks as if she's listening to every
word you say with rapt attention).  I was told that the most likely cause
was a severe inner ear infection caused by an untreated ear mite
infestation.  We think she compensates by being a little nipper & picking on
my little old lady, Isis, & Peanut, the newbie.  She's alienated nearly all
the critters in the household except Nin~a (her bathtub rompin' bud).  Yes,
she' s the epitome of bratiness & sasses me more that the others put
together, but she's also my best cuddle bunny (now).  [Don't know who came
up with "cuddle bunny", but I love that expression & hope you don't mind my
making it a part of my fritter vocab.]

Christel ([log in to unmask])
Chaquita, Isis, Nin~a, Peanut, Simon & Tiki (the fritters)
Elritze & Wilk (the Canine Peace Patrol)
Zauber & Qwilla (the Feline Purr Patrol)
& U.B. (the Ungrateful Budgie)