From:
Melissa Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 20:05:32 -0500
>From:    Meghan Bonikowski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MY ferret!
>A few times today he has woken up very suddenly from his sleep, jumped up,
>and started scratching his fur.  Has anyone else's ferrets done this?  I
>was just wondering..

Hi Meghan and Martin,

I think this is pretty normal.  My ferrets do this too.  It's like their
saying," Oh an itch!!" , and then mine will come flying out of the hammock
to scratch.  IF he had fleas or a skin prob, he would be scratching alot
more.

>  WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The H.J.  Heinz Co.  has recalled 371,800 jars
>  of its vegetable-chicken baby food because they may contain elevated
>  concentrations of lead

Also, about the lead in the baby food.  This is alarming.  It says "they
may contain elevated concentrations of lead."  This leads me to think that
small levels are normal.  I hope not.  I thought any lead was dangerous,
especially even trace amounts.  And in baby food too.

How in the world would lead get in there to begin with?

Whew, that's scary for ferrets and babies!
Melissa Warren