From:
Tony O'Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 15:57:37 -0000
From 1974 until I left Berkshire this was one of the pets days SMWR
organised

One of my favourite events in the south was held at Wellington Country
Park, Between Reading and Basingstoke.  Two things I remember about this
event was on one occasion I had taken my young puppy with me aswell as the
older dog and to stop the puppy running off I put her in the pen with some
of my ferrets, Dee was quite happy about it and curled up with several
ferrets.  A few days later I had a visit from the RSPCA who informed me
that some one had reported me for feeding a puppy to the ferrets.

On another visit to the country park a couple of years later, I had
another puppy with me and some one was running a pet dog show and one of
the people running it kept asking me to put my puppy in as they didnt have
many puppies entered , so I walked over to the ring with Tarot and KP one
of my big polecat ferrets on a double leash, the judge walked over and
gave me a rosset for second place and she made a point of say it was for
puppy and not for the other thing.  I just had to laugh about it.

By taking the puppy and a very large 7 LB polecat ferret into the ring, I
was trying to make a statement and that was that ferrets and other animals
could get on together.

http://uk.profiles.yahoo.com/houseferrets13uk
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/house-ferrets
http://communities.msn.com/MyNorwegianFerretFamily/tonystale.msnw
http://communities.msn.com/MyNorwegianFerretFamily/tonyosullivan.msnw

Any one who wishes to reuse this article should seek my approval first
and use it in its entirety Written by Ant or Tony O'Sullivan .SMWR inc.
NHFA, UK