From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2009 14:03:06 -0800
There is more than one company producing the deslorelin implants. The
implant my ferret received Tuesday came from Austrailia. I am pretty
certain the company, Peptech, is the company that Doctor Wagner has
been receiving his implants from for the Des implant study he has been
running in Pittsburgh for the past few years. The horse des implant has
been around for a few years and its success is probably a good part of
the reason the FDA and customs are now allowing these 4.7 mg implants
into the U.S.

Another ferret savvy vet here in the Rochester, NY area has ordered
from Peptech and is waiting as the implants are on back order. This was
also the situation back in September at the time I contacted Peptech.
However, when my Doc placed his order they arrived in 10 days.

Vets can gain more information from Doc Wagner's published study in the
July 2009 issue of the Journal of Exotic Pet Medicine. Sorry, I do not
have a link. Any vets dealing with ferrets or Exotics should be aware
of this Journal.

CR
Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3