From:
Kalaine Tarantelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:27:41 +0000
Hello Everyone,

I first have to say THANK YOU!!!!!  to everyone who has written to me and
my husband.  I will write back every sinlge person who replied, but right
now it is too hard.  I can barely get past the second sentence of each
response.

Yesterday, during the day I did not cry once, and I was starting to feel
guilty.  I had to let myself know it was okay not to cry.  I did lose it
at the pet store, and I had at least 3 employees crying w/ me.  I had
went to the pet store to get some stuff for Jezzy (we are still trying to
get her to play), and when I went to the register the girl asked me how
many kittens I had.  I said no kittens, I have two ferrets.  My husband
poked me, and I realized what I said.  I started crying right there.  My
husband told the girl what happened, and she started crying too.  Her
supervisor came over, and she cried also.  I guess I won't be going back
there for a while.  Every dark colored ferret looked like Taz on the
products.

When I got home my vet, and vet tech had sent my husband and I flowers.
It was the nicest thing.  They call almost every day.  My vet did an
autopsy, and informed us that even if she had located the tumor 4 months
ago, there was nothing she could have done but inform us that our time w/
her would be short.  I'm glad I didn't know that.  I would have been
treating her different not like my adventure baby, but a sick girl.  At
least not knowing I treated her exactly the same.

I want to leave everyone w/ some of my best thoughts of Taz.  My last
post was not the images I want people to have.

The best memory is when I first played w/ Taz.  I had a huge box on the
floor, about the lenght of my couch.  She kept running inside of it.  I
remember the sound her feet made, back and forth, back and forth.  Taz in
the early years didn't like to be held at all.  She liked to run, jump,
and explore.  She opened every box to see what was inside.  She learned
how to unzip pocket books (she knew the best forbidden things would be in
there).  See how far mommy can get when I steal her keys or wallet.  :)
She would climb to the top of the shelves (to my horror) in the living
room.  She did pull ups till she was at the very top, and waited for me
to let her down.  Towards the end she liked to go outside.  If she saw a
person, and they walked by her and didn't pet her, she would follow them
to their apartment or car until they finally touched her, and let her get
a good sniff.  She loved people, and in the end she loved to be held.
Her favorite thing was a massage.  From the top of her head to her
stretched leg.  I loved opening my pj drawer, and finding them snuggled
up together.  Taz would have her one paw in the air, and I would reach in
and hold it.

Again, thank you.  I promise to write to everyone who has written.  My
husband and I decided to start writing on Saturday.  I hope we can do 3
or 4 a day.  I don't think our emotions will let us get much further than
that.

Kalaine, Rich, and Jezzy-belle Tarantelli (missing our adventure girl)