From:
Barbara Gustafson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 20:27:28 -0600
Hello fellow ferret lovers,

Just thought you might like to know what's new with our group.  We are now
officially a non-profit Society and will soon be applying for status as a
registered charity.  An undertaking which I understand takes upwards of 7 to
8 months.

Promotion of our Society is well underway...one of our members works for and
has many contacts in Radio and TV land so I'm sure she will do us proud. :o)

Approximately 150 questionnaires have been mailed out to Veterinarians and
Pet Stores.   Questions ranging from  "Do you have ferret wise vets in your
clinic" &  "Would you like to receive information on the kinds of illnesses
ferrets face"  to...."How many ferrets are returned to your store and for
what reasons" &  "Would you like to sponsor events or donate supplies to
our shelter" .   We are hoping for a good response.

Our membership is currently about 20 humans and 35 ferrets or so....but
we're confident that as word spreads we will increase our numbers.

Plans are underway for two fund raising events.  One a good old fashioned
car wash tentatively planned for August 24th.  We're still trying to come up
with a catchy name for that one.  Any suggestions out there?

The second will of course be the 1st Annual Ferret Frolic, set for the
weekend of September 13th.  Thanks to those of you who supplied us with all
the great suggestions for games, raffles etc.  We're hoping for a good turn
out so if you're in the area or planning on visiting please come see us.

All money raised will go towards setting up a shelter for the little you
know who's.

We're also working on getting our web page up to snuff and adding some links
and things.

That's about it for now....fuzzy kisses to all!

Barb Gustafson (aka Boots)
Alberta Ferret Society (VP)