From:
Leslie Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 2010 22:34:58 -0500
Wow, nice retraction yesterday Marlene, considering the can of worms
that was accidentally opened last week. It's a shame it was necessary.
Come on folks, enough with this so-called flaming nonsense. I don't
know about everyone else but I'm tired of having to skip half the
postings, like Kim said yesterday, on FML that are attemping to burn
Marlene's ass. Marlene's very passionate call to action in saving
ferrets from "kill shelters" wasn't meant to bring down every piece of
misplaced malace or bitterness from a past action or conversation down
on her head. And now it's a matter of "do we overload or do we not".
Let's just stick to the initial point, please, that KILL shelter calls
shouldn't be ignored.

I've been in sales for 30 years and I know how to network for my
business, but I've never seen any organization, industry or otherwise
that networks like the "global" shelter families and am constantly
amazed at the cooperation and sacrifices that are made for virtual
strangers who have just one simply thing in common: a ferret.

My ferrets have owned me for only 4 years now. Before that, I was a
dog person, but I never "knew" people because I was a dog owner. With
ferrets, it's totally different. My best friends and most constant
acquaintences are from the ferret world. You will strike up a
conversation with someone in line at the grocery: "Oh you have ferrets?
Me too!" and you're instant friends, swapping email addresses and
adding each other on facebook. What a wonderful thing to be a part of!!
So it's really disappointing to see some lose sight of that and start
making this forum all about them, personal problems that we can do
nothing about, instead of the ferrets. I mean, that's why I'm here,
reading, every day... to learn more about how to best care for my
precious fuzzy family. And to help out the calls to action when I can.
Before I started reading FML and working with shelters and rescues, I
had 3 store-bought fuzzies. I now have 8. I would have more if I got
a call today from a kill shelter.

Bottom line, no one will ever see a burn notice on this forum from me.
Marlene, I love ya girl! Robin, I'm sure you're an awesome shelter
mom. I am too thankful and appreciative of all the shelter moms, dads,
veterinarians and fellow ferret owners who take the time to make
constructive and supportive posts on this forum. I have learned 90%
of what I know about ferrets today from all of you. Let's keep the
positive rythym going and not lose sight of why we're here: to make
it the best day possible in the life of a ferret!

Leslie
mom to Fred, Wilma, Pebbles, Barnie, Minnie, Pearl, Jack and Jill
Betty and Sadie at the bridge