From:
Dave & Debbie Les <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 22:24:42 -0500
I haven't written in quite some time.  For those of you that go back a year
or so, Deb & I were owned by that famous wedding band the Ferret-tones,
Weazer, L.S., White Fang, & Nikita.  Well, we lost weazer to internal
hemorrhaging late last summer and shortly afterwards we noticed that L.S.
and 'Fang weren't 'quite right'.  Our vet did an exploratory on L.S. in
early January and sewed him right up because he was so full of tumors.  She
gave L.S. about 3 more days to live.  To make matters worse, an x-ray proved
'Fang to have a massive tumor between his heart and spine.  We were
devastated.  Then she hit us with the bombshell...' all of your crew is
likely to contract this because it is suspected that some forms of lymphoma
are viral and from the pattern of events ...'

I am very much indebted to Gary Holowicki who was so generous with his
prayers and "Timmy's Recipe".  I also find it hard to believe that someone
as busy as Dr. Williams would take time out of his day to counsel (long
distance) two desparate hysterical "parents".  Ferret people are just as
special as thier pets.

While I haven't written, I've still been reading and I am so sorry for those
of you who have lost your friends.  To Cherrie, John & Farrah, I can only
offer my prayers.  It is a horrible disease that steals the "life" from
these life-loving creatures days or weeks before thier heart stops.  No one
but yourselves could possibly know enough about the circumstances to help
with that decision because as difficult as it is, the two of you are the
ones that will be made to live with it.  Do what is right for you and your
loved one.

To the ones that are so heart-broken they cannot own another, I respect that
decision because I know the pain but let me offer that nothing that I have
experienced in life has come without a price tag that truly reflects the
value.  The suffering does heal eventually.  I have never been able to nor
do I ever want to replace any of the 10 waiting for us at the "Bridge" but I
an eager to fall in love again and again.  The rewards, in my opinion,
outweigh the "pricetag".  Again it is a personal decision.

White Fang died at 3:00AM this morning and L.S. died at noon nine hours
later.  Please pray for Deb, she is taking this real hard... but most of all
please say a prayer that our other four don't contract this.  I'm OK with
this.  Whenever I close my eyes, I can see L.S. and 'Fang wardancing with
Weazer at the Rainbow Bridge in rays of sunlight.