From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 09:24:00 EST
Dr. Weiss, a timely post mentioning high globulin associated with Aleutian
disease.  We had 2 older ferrets' bloodwork done, 1 to test for possible
insulanoma (BG 42) and the other to check for any side effects from extended
Ovaban use.  Both were normal in most regards (save the 1 BG), except both
had elevated globulin levels.

One ferret does have intermittent back leg weakness (1 of the reasons we
suspected insulanoma) while the other shows no symptoms consistent with
Aleutian disease.  All our ferrets contracted ECE earlier this summer and
these 2 have had brief recurrent bouts.  We are wondering if you or others
have seen elevated globulin levels in ferrets with recent ECE history.
Since this is a persistent virus too, we are hoping we don't have to add
Aleutians to the list of our ferrets' baggage.

   ( )--(a)
   (@=@=) \     Till next time.......Rudy the ferlosopher
      \   \
      /\ * )  \