Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:21:58 -0800
>Also one may muse a new signifigance to the ferret chow with the name,
>"Totally Ferret."

Mr. Lipinski, Performance Foods makes TF and they are in no way shape or
form associated with Marshall Farms.  Your theory that deceased ferts are
part of the content of Marshall's ferret food is...appalling, but possible.
BUT TOTALLY FERRET DOESN'T HAVE DEAD FERRETS IN IT, and you made a serious
mistake in even jokingly suggesting such.  Some newbies might get an
immediate horrified reaction.

Does Marshall's Premium Diet contain fert-meat?  I have no idea.  Your
numbers on the amounts of such "meat" Marshall produces sound about right,
and the fact that they're also a pet food supplier raises an awful specter
but without several pro-bono lawyers backing me up I'm personally bringing
my part of this conversation to a rapid halt.

BIG: ummm...I know you edit the list late at night, day after day but...you
should have caught this too.  Not your fault and I don't mean to disparage
the seriously wonderful job you do.

Jim March

[Moderator's note: Thanks for the kudos.  Now, the trouble with "catching"
a post like this is that if I start trying to decide what is true and what
isn't, then *I* become a liable party if something untrue and hurtful gets
posted.  Not to mention that my role would then tend more toward censor
than moderator.

Some things, of course, ARE rejected -- but as much as possible, posts are
rejected because they don't meet the written guidelines.  Posts which are
clearly on topic and within the guidelines will make it to the FML, even if
they are downright strange -- as we have certainly seen.  It's not quite
that simple actually (sometimes I will ask (but not require) a poster to
rephrase a post, for example), and I usually check URLs and such to make
sure they work and are what they say they are, etc... but weird posts,
yes, sometimes I gotta let em through or we all could be in trouble.  BIG]