From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 16:43:19 -0600
Hi guys!  Well, Rocket is no longer an only 'child' in our household.  We
now have Nika (4 month old German Shephard).  I need serious help in getting
these two to live together!!  Here is the situation: Enter Rocket (1.5 yr
old male spoiled fuzzy), Nika stops and stares...ferret stares...ferret
freaks and runs for cover for no reason (okay...maybe a lick across the face
is a good reason to a fuzzy!)...Nika then decides it must want to play and
chases the little critter happily across the room.  Ferret lives under couch
in fear.  Dog sits with nosse under couch whining for ever!  Nika really
doesnt show any agression towards Rocket, she just seems like she wants to
play.  So, any hints on how I can get these two to live in harmony?

I have been trying to pay extra attention to Rocket and he has gotten more
than his share of treats lately.  We have opened up the bedroom and
(sometimes) the office for him to escape to and he loves having access to
the closet at all times but I live in constant fear that he will be squished
by the ever playful and hyper puppy.  Any hints on how I can make sure the
little fuzzbutt doesnt start to feel neglected??

Diane and Alex
    and Rocket (stressed out ferret) and Nika (look mama, it wants to PLAY!)