From:
The Countess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 00:19:43 -0600
For now the feud is off.  McKrackin' is hospitalized and had minor
surgery today.  He believes Isabeau bit him in the arse after she heavily
sedated him with meed and this was the cause of his prolapsed rectum.
McKrackin' will be in full force once his arse heals properly.

Now for the sad news.  Today two of my first ferrets I have ever owned
passed on together at the bridge.  They were litter mates.  I will spare
the horrid details of it (it was no accident or anything of that nature).
Bear and Tourette were all of 8 years old and Tourette was in the
advanced stages of adrenal.  She has been operated on once and the vet
said she was just too old to go back in so I watched her slowly loose all
her fur and she was fine for many many months.  Today she slowly passed
on in my arms.  This was after 6:30am when I took Bear and Krackin' to
the vets.  Bear was seizing bad and screaming like I have never in my
life heard a ferret do.  I wrapped him in a shawl of mine and held him
close to me and talked the entire drive (45 minutes) to Hot Springs to
meet the vet.  I got there and Krackin' is in his carrier looking around
and Bear is wrapped in my shawl in my arms and I am rocking him and
singing to him lullibies.  He knew it was me and he knew how very much I
loved him.  He passed on 5 minutes before the vet drove up.  So I am in
a state of shock and the vet is trying to calm me down as we take both
ferrets inside.  We get Krackin' on the operating table and I got to
assist with his rectum getting put back into him and stitched.  The vet
let me be there the entire time and I was so thankful.  I get home and
see my Tourette in bad shape and totally freaked.  She was his litter
mate and had to be with him I do believe.  It took her 4 hours to pass
on but it was done peacefully with none of the screaming Bear went thru.
She is laying is state right now.  I take her to the vet tomorrow to be
cremated along with Bear and I also pick my Krackin' up.

So this was my November 10, 2002.  I am heavily sedated right now so
pardon any inaccuracies in this letter.  I had to write it.  It gives
them a memorial of sorts and they deserved it.  They were two fantastic
ferrets given to me over 5 years ago by someone who was a real jerk.
Pray for my Krackin'.  He says when he gets better he will have a Clan
gathering and be doing some serious dooking with the Clan McFarland and
that Oracle thing.

-- Diane