From:
Patti Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:59:25 -0800
I learned about ECE the hard way with my first ferret Butter. We didn't
go to the vet for weeks because he wasn't acting very sick at first and
we didn't know about green slime. When Fox got sick a few years ago we
treated it aggressively and fast. He went to the doctor the first sign
of green poop. He had saline to rehydrate him (he didn't look
dehydrated). He went on amoxicilan and we gave him peptobismal to coat
his stomach and reduce the damage internally. I learned recently about
Vivify and that added to their water increases fluid intake
considerably. All of this made Fox's experience very mild and he hasn't
had any further aftereffects whereas ECE probably compromised Butter's
health the rest of his life.

Patti and the Higgins clan