From:
NinaLeCat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 18:21:08 EST
[Subscription request deleted. BIG]
Our ferret Lucky has some sort of Adrenal problem.  A vet we went to said
she has Cushings but some info I just recieved today from the AFA and Janke,
that seems misdiagnosed but most likely is still a tumor of adrenal gland.
Our vet also says the surgery along with rest of the costs is about $1,200.
Others that we went to also said about the same but in this info we received
we learned that it should be only about 200-400 dollars.  Supposedly, our
ferret should still be fine health wise for another year but the earlier we
get this done the better.  We just can't afford this kind of surgery if it
really is so much.

Brief history of Lucky: We already bought a ferret 2 years ago and she was
alone for about a year.  One night we were driving and saw a ferret crossing
the road.  We went around him but feared for his welfare.  After turning
around, we came upon him not moving in the middle of the road.  He had been
hit by another car behind us.  I say he, because we always thought he was a
he until last week.  We rushed him all over trying to find a place open all
night since it was late.  We just dropped him off hoping for him to live and
asked if we could adopt him if no one had claimed him from animal control.
The hospital was able to take care of him, for he only had a broken tooth,
scraped leg and chin.  They called us a couple of days later and we had a
friend for out lonely ferret.  That was last year and now he's losing his
hair and the rest you know.  Except for when we took him to this vet now, we
found out that he is actually a she.

Thank You and I hope to here from whoever will respond soon.

Thank you
Martoi and Millie Rogalski