From:
Maggie Mae Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 19:23:30 +0000
Hi All,

Been a sad day.  I lost an uncle today.  It makes it hard just after my
Dad's birthday and not too long before mine.  I am down to 3 relatives, none
immediate.

On a brighter note, Nicky, Pookie's boyfriend, is doing very well.  Noni
Clark in Houston gave me some physical therapy ideas for him and do they
make a difference!  If you recall, Nicky has dimished function in his hind
legs, little bowel and bladder control and decreased bowel function.  His is
an old injury, looks like someone dropped something on him at one time and
injured a lumbar vertebre.  It is calcified.

I didn't think any pt would help him but Noni told me no, you have to work
the muscles even if you have skeletal problems.  So I do range of motion
with his hind legs everyday and curl him into a donut and roll him back and
for in my hands for his back.  At first you couldn't bend him much, but now
he bends normal.  And he used to be bloated all the time from his bowel
problems and now he has little to no bloating.

The neatest thing is he is jumping now!  Off his hing legs!  And he chases
the cats faster.  You can tell he feels a lot better.

Pookie likes it too, as her and Nickster chase each other and wrestle.  He
can keep up with her better now.

Well, off to chores before I leave on Friday. Hugs to all.

Maggie and her Missouri Mob