From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 20:02:47 -0500
SHELIA CROMPTON
>A friend's ferret will be playing and then it will lie down, its body goes
>rigid, Betty says that its jaws are clenched shut and that there appears to
>be foam around its mouth.

JASON CREAGER
>I picked her up and she was extremely disoriented.  She didn't snap out of
>it.  She tried to crawl forward, but it looked like her legs weren't working
>right.  I noticed that she hadn't eaten very much, so we made some mush and
>spoon fed her for several minutes.

DANA BRADSHAW
>Can anyone give me any info on pancreatic tumors and how often ferrets are
>diagnosed with them?  Also is there ant special age that they will start to
>develop them and can anyone give me symptoms to look for?

The symptoms described in these cases do sound a lot like insulinoma.  For
more information, please download the Insulinoma FAQ by sending e-mail to
<[log in to unmask]> with the message GET INSULIN DISEASE FERRET in
the body of the e-mail.  Do not add a signature or any other text to the
message.

Best wishes,
Gina the Monkeywrangler
and the Chimps of Mayhem:  Paleface (Bean), Gunnar the Red (Goose), Daniel
Spikey Tiger (Spike), Beau Geste (Bo Bo), Harriet (Hawwiet) and Wienerbutt
(Weenie)