From:
Melissa Furash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 02:13:43 EDT
OK Guys and Gals...I have an odd question.  Has anyone heard of a ferret
who marks territory?

Here's the story.  Snoopy is about 3 years old.  He's a skinny boy who is
not MF but some other commercial-type breeder.  He's been neutered (early).
Snoopy is VERY odd.  He took a long time to learn not to bite me (hard) and
still bites my husband if he wants attention.  You know the sneak attack
and run away thing.  He is also (please avert your eyes if under 18) VERY
concerned with his (Snoopy's, not the hubby's) penis.  When war dancing he
will often, mid-air, check himself out and subsequently somersault.  Also
the ferts have some great tunnels (4 inch PVC pipe with openings).  He will
lift his leg against anything hard or scratchy and hold it there.  He is
not pee-ing, just holding it there.  He's done this on cardboard boxes and
other things too.  He is NOT straining in the litterbox or crying.

I plan on doing a urinalysis when at work next week but wondered if anyone
else has every encountered this?

Am I nuts or is he?
Thanks,
Melissa