From:
"Margaret Zick (and Stan, Ollie and Jezebel)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 18:39:54 -0500
Bob Church wrote:
>I have yet to decide on non-steroid anti-inflamatory drugs, and would
>appreciate comments.

I can't really say if its ok for ferrets, but I give Sinbad (dog) and
Sherlock (cat) a supplement called Cosequin.  Sinbad has bad hip dysplaysia
(about 50%) and Sherlock has osteoarthritis (he's 16).  Sinbad is too large
for surgery.  This has helped him tremendiously.  Its ingrediants are as
follows:

Glucosamine HCL99+%----500mg
Purified Chondrotin Sulfate 95%---400mg (mixed with Glycosaminoglycans 5%)
Manganese (ascorbate)---10mg
Ascorbate (manganese ascorbate)---56mg

It would be interesting to know if it might help out the ferrets. Do any
of the vets here have an opinion on this?

Debbie Riccio wrote:
>It's a boy!  It's a girl!  It's several!!!!
Congratulations!!!! I am sooo jealous! What could be sweeter than a lot
of babies!

Anon wrote:
>I have recently read about using borax (the cleaner) to kill the fleas by
>sprinkling it on the floor, and after several hours, or days, vacuuming it
>up thoroughly.
I used this method regularly BEFORE I got the ferrets.  I asked my vet about
it and he doesn't recommend it simply because they are so low to the ground
and you never can vacuum it all up.  He said to use the micro-encapsulated
borax used by companies such as Fleabusters.  I have not tried this yet.  I
generally use a product with precor in it (a growth regulator for fleas) and
it seems to work fine.  It has a residual effect, lasts about a month here
in Houston.  I only use it when absolutely neccessary since I have trouble
with chemicals.  (this doesn't bother me too much) If you have a bad problem
steam cleaning the carpet will rid you house of fleas and then you can wash
bedding and ferts to get rid of whats left.

Hugs and fuzzy kisses to all!

Margaret Zick

                      And everything comes to One,
                   As we dance on, dance on, dance on.