From:
Thor Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 09:14:09 -0700
Richard!  i'm afraid that was my fault!  but to my defense i have to say
Liza made me do it!  she was the one who got into my bag of rice and
scattered it all over the floor before i could say YIKES!  she made me
share this discovery with all you poor unsuspecting people.....:)

However, i will share another idea...i took all of the rice and put it in
a large box, i cut entry holes a little high and fastened a cloth flap to
cover the hole so they can still get in and out of the rice box but once
they are inside the cloth prevents the rice (or at least some) to be
scattered all over the room, and most of it will stay in the box....and now
that i think about it....maybee i can cut a piece of t-shirt into a square
and fasten top, bottom and one side of the t-shirt material on the entry
hole and leave only one side for entry, this will catch 99% of the
rice....!  I'll have to try that...

On another note, Lucky had her second surgery for incomplete spay,(Hagen
ferret) remnants from an ovary had started to recreate itself and was sure
enough causing havoc all over again, this time i think all of it was taken
out, keeping my fingers crossed... her left adrenal was taken out during
her first surgery since it was enlarged, and during her second surgery Dr
Rubin found the right adrenal to be enlarged too, we opted to leave it
there.... it was to risky, and as i understand it can be years before she
starts to have real problems from it.  It's a chance i am willing to take,
and i will deal with it when i have to.

Dr Rubin allowed me to stay and watch the surgery, and CJ assisted, it was
fascinating to watch, although i felt for my baby lying there ..i think i
would have felt worse if i had to wait outside!  Thank You Dr Rubin!

She had some interesting patients comming in that day, a 4 month old baboon
to be spayed, and also a 4 month old tiger that was simply adorable!!!
i loved playing with him and was amazed at the size of this baby!  i
completely melted away on the lawn when i watched him drink his comfort
bottle of milk....gorgeous gorgeous animal!!  i will treasure this memory!

CJ also brought a 12 year old BIG turtle that we walked all over Dr Rubins
lawn so he could get to all the edibles.....He was so COOL!  hanging out at
her place sure is FUN!

Well, this got long, and i could go on and on.
Love your ferrets today and Dookalot

Josephine
 and the Hansen gangsters
Liza, Truls, Dumpy, and Lucky