From:
"Jonathan R. Mason" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 09:59:44 -0700
Just thought I would check in (it's been so long).  We are the shelter that
took in 9 retired breeders from Oregon in Sept.  All have found loving homes
and are in great shape.  I have kept in touch with all the families who
adopted from us and they are all happy.  I picked up another rescue last
week locally.  A beautiful sable male who had been kept outside for the last
2.5 years of his life in sawdust bedding and fed Purina kitten chow.  He has
a great coat but you can count his ribs.  He has a wonderful personality and
hit it off with my three ferts.

This brings me to my first question.  How do shelters avoid falling in love
with most of their rescues and end up keeping them?

I've really enjoyed reading about all the different ways everyone plays with
their ferts and now I don't feel so crazy.  Course, other people still think
of me as a bit off.  (I'm still referred to in hushed circles as "that
ferret woman").

We do have a lady out here who lost a ferret around 10-5-96 and we cann't
seem to find him.  Due to an accident his teeth have been shaved and she is
worried about him.  We have had reports of a ferret being turned in to the
city pound and being picked up by its owner during this same time frame.
Also a couple of found ferret reports with the Humane Society but so far all
leads have sizzled out.If anyone has any news regarding a fert like this in
the Albuquerque city, please contact me.

Thanks,

tiger da terwible tundar fairwit

and the vandettas de muchachos:

Smudge (Sammi's sweetie)
Flavio "I've learned to Dook and Wardance!"
Victorino "Hi, you cann't give me up, I'm settling in"
Anna Mawheeeee "you cann't catch me!!"