From:
"Domenic J. Michaux" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:15:48 -0500
Responding to a post from last Thursday.  We have had 3 ferrets go
through adrenal surgery at an average cost of about $600.

Cinnamon (in 2001) - perfect results although now she is bald again and
it looks like she needs another surgery.

Princess (in 2002) - came through the surgery just fine but died from
unknown complications 2 weeks later.  She was 5 years old and our first
ferret.  The vet thought that she had a massive stroke due to a blood
clot possibly from the surgery.

Bear (in 2002) - His surgery was specifically for insulinoma but the vet
removed 2 adrenal tumors while she was in there.  This surgery was a
success.  We lost Bear in November 2003 due to his insulinoma but the
surgery extended his life at least 15-16 months.  He got to the point
where he was having seizures where he literally screamed his way through
them.  Very scary stuff.  We had to have him euthanized.  He was 6 years
old.

Dom