From:
Griffin K <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2012 22:17:23 -0700
Can a ferret get heat stroke at 75 degrees when their regular temp is
around 101? If he was uncomfortable surely he would have come out of
the barrel, don't you think?

His death could have been from a blockage, a bad heart, untreated
adrenal or insulinoma, lymphoma. How old was this ferret and did he
have any health issues?

Sorry - but I just don't think this plastic barrel had anything to
do with his death. Ferrets aren't stupid. If they're hot, they move
elsewhere. We ve had a heat wave here in the Seattle area and my house
has been around 75 to 80 degrees since I don't have A/C. My ferrets
have still been sometimes sleeping in the barrel bed but with their
heads out at times.

[P.S.]
Just noticed you said "to take his meds". For what?