From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2011 14:57:44 -0400
Last Friday my Crash went to the Rainbow Bridge with the vet's help,
as I held him. He was special and he was done battling insulinoma and
adrenal disease. Years ago when I went to get him, 2 naked toddlers
answered the door followed by a woman with a newborn. She had told her
husband she was overwhelmed and couldn't take care of the ferret. When
the landlord told them the ferret must be kept outside, the husband
agreed to re-home him. One of the toddlers had named him CRASH because
he kept crashing into stuff. He was a sweet guy, never bit anyone,
never fought with another ferret. I miss him and the kisses he gave
everyone for no reason except that he was so sweet. His friends Tyki,
Treasure, Maxine and old Socks miss him too. Socks groomed him minutes
before I took him to the vet. I miss you Crash, my Crashes guy.....

Today on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, I cannot stop thinking about two
of my grandchildren, who with their mother, ALMOST got on United Flight
175, the second plane to hit a tower.....almost. At the very last
minute my daughter-in-law decided to spend more time with her sister
who was not feeling well. My granddaughter was 4 yrs old and my
grandson was almost 1 year old. Every time I see them now at age 14 and
almost 11 years I think......almost.....so very very close....almost.

In a few more days my husband will have been gone a year. I received a
notice from the government that it was the exposure to Agent Orange so
very long ago in Viet Nam that killed him. I never put any paperwork in
to them. The notice just arrived one day with a detailed explanation of
his death. He had never put in for benefits either. He said he never
was in the jungle fighting, he was an airplane mechanic.....who many
times ate his lunch sitting on containers of the stuff. The doctors
were all puzzled why the cancer raced through his body like wildfire
even coming through his skin and growing on the outside of him. It
consumed him like some vile monster. Every day more of him was gone.
He had been in a war that never should have happened and exposed to
a chemical that never should have been used........and his 5 teenage
daughters will all go to college paid for by the government because of
it.....his final "gift" to them.....but none of them are happy about
it. They would rather have their "papa". So would I.

Nancy in Oregon, wishing for peace...