From:
Debbie Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 02:14:22 GMT
Two Pole Ferret Farm Ferrets have been sold..  300 plus ferrets, lot of
ferrets, and much Wisdom wished for the new owners.

Here is the new owners chance to put a dent in Marshall Farms sales, with
"careful planning" and 300 plus ferrets a person could really help the
ferret world big time!!!  Produce kits from only the best lines, spay and
neuter them at an older age and place them in good homes.  Sounds good to
me....

Anyone who has bought a kit from a breeder and not a petstore may have been
ask to sign a spay/neut.  contract before taking the un-alter kit home.  I
do hope that all that have done this have KEPT their word and had this fine
pet altered at the proper age.  I feel with so much impulse buying MANY
will sign anything to get the ferret and not follow through with the
proper way of taking care of their ferret.  Ferrets deserve the BEST of
everything!....

The REAL world....in Northern Ohio and Michigan WE the people who LOVE
ferrets have a BIG problem on our hands...can you guess what that may
be???  MANY ferrets coming into the shelter by the dozens until us shelter
operators are ready to pull our hair out because of stupid people...the
ferrets are not the problem but many of the breeders out there...this goes
for you too "Greed City, Marshall Farms" ...another is many breeders in
Ohio and Michigan..not all mind ya...An email comes to my mind I recieved
the other day...this is to show you how breeding a few ferrets can turn
into many a nightmare.  The email was how wonderful a couple was they had
met at a ferret show , nice ferrets and so on....Ok what will most likely
happen is ...they will win a few ribbons and then go "hog wild" on breeding
them to get that "special color"....same thing a fellow in Northern Ohio
did...he got the big head quick and a few bucks in his pocket so it was
nothing to him to have 600 breeders...sold un-altered...cool huh?  Well
people that is the real world here in Ohio.....I can see it happening in
Kentucky and Tennessee VERY easily too.  a note: This email is written by
Debbie Scott, and if anyone is the least bit offended or you have felt your
"toes have been step on" then take a long look at your-self.... you are
reading an email from someone who really loves ferrets and cares very
little about pleasing the human race.  I am not a jealous person and my
life does not revolve around ferret shows.  I believe ferret shows are just
fine and I have won many a ribbons and so on at shows.  I have never left a
show the least bit angry because "Pookie didn't get best of show"....

I have decided that the UK folks have the type of ferret shows that I may
be interested in attending in the future.  I have decided to have a life
here at home with my family and ferrets.  I do not make an Idol of my
ferrets in anyway, and feel my priorites are in order and I plan to keep
them that way.  One of my goals is to "have time"... and I believe my goal
has been met... now I may brag, not everyone can say "they have time"...the
world is in such a hurry to pay this bill to win this ribbon and so on"..
I Debbie Scott "have time" because I have "Planned well"....and I know
where I put my trust.... in Him.

ps.  Please spend your time wisely and don't email me in response to this
letter, I won't take the time to read ....much rather be out enjoying these
lovely fall days with my fuzzies:-)  Now that is real living!  Debbie