From:
"Tracy L. Tunnison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 17:21:42 -0400
Hi all!!  Just a short (yeah right) note to introduce myself.  Just got my
pooter a week ago and online 3 days ago.  I have been lurking through a
friend on the list who has been nice enough to print out the FML for me to
read (Thanks, you know who you are!!).

Anyway, I am a ferret breeder, a rescue (no-kill policy, of course), a GLFA
judge, and anything else ferret related required of me that day.

I currently have several ferrets in the shelter.  Most are biters (that's
how I got them :)) but are being worked with to overcome this problem (great
tips on the FML).  I'll post another time with details.

I am located in Michigan, about 45 min. from Grand Rapids or Lansing if
anyone is looking for a shelter in the area.

Now to introduce the reason for what I do.  His name is Cooter, a
MF/5yr/gib.  I got him from a college student who was going back home to
Colorado.  Of course at that time ferrets were still illegal in Michigan, so
she couldn't fly with him.  I was owned by Cooter from day 1.  He gives the
best kisses and always knows how to make me feel guilty:).  I had no reason
to worry about ferrets still being illegal in Michigan because I worked for
the zoo vet who agreed to let me say my ferrets (yes, ferret math struck WAY
before the new law!) were part of the educational program at the zoo.  In
fact I did have police officers at my house once (that's another story) and
knew they were ferrets and illegal.  When I said they belonged to the zoo,
they just said "Oh".  Because of my position at work, I could take my babies
for walks anytime I wanted.

Well, before this gets too long, I'll sign off.

Thanks to BIG for getting me on so fast, and to all of you on the FML, I
feel like you're all my good friends already.

Tracy, Cooter, Talyn-bach, Easel Weasel, etc, etc, etc
RIP Lugnut and Abigail