"First annewilli:Last" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 01:54:42 -0600
The best heating pad I've found for the fuzzies is something called a
"Bed Buddy".  You can get them at Walmart, I think.  It looks like a tube
sock bean bag with handles, comes with a washable cover and is safer than
conventional pads.  It works by heating it in the microwave (as cool or
hot as you like).  You can then leave it with the ferret and not wory about
wires or electricity.  The biggest problem I've had is that the weasels
think they are toys and want to hide them!  I made a homemade version using
denium and rice.  Used it for a couple of years on an insulinomic ferret
and it worked great.  Still works great for my toes on those really cold
nights when the sheet are like ice!!  Hope this helps.

Wessi
Taz (the original bed buddy)
Miesa ("Mom? Bed? Sleeping? Hmmm... Nibble, nibble, chomp")
& Joe ("Huh? We have a bed??")