From:
Laura Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 00:44:03 -0500
[Moderator's note: This came in seconds too late to make yesterday's FML
but was forwarded directly to Drs. Williams and Weiss, so perhaps they
have already contacted Laura.  BIG]

Hi Everyone,
I have the most affectionate and loving child and he is very sick.  I found
him in an elevator at work about 4 years ago and we have been a family ever
since.  My vet at the time told me that he was an adult already when I found
him so I would estimate his age at about 6 to 8 years old (according to two
different vets)  I recently took Mac to the vet because he would be playing
and all of the sudden he would open his mouth and put both of his paws in his
mouth and "dig hard" at the roof of his mouth.  Then lay exahused and drool
for about an hour.  I took him to the vet and she ran blood tests.  She says
he either has a tumor, liver disease, or is producing too much insulin which
is causing him to siezure.  He is the best friend I have ever had in the
whole world.  We have been through so so much together.  I can not stand it
if I loose him.  My vet says the increase in insulin results from unnormal
eating habits.  I have had many ferrets and Mac's eating habits are fine.
 The vet wants me to bring him back next week for more blood tests to
determin the exact cause of his problem.  Please does anyone have any idea
what might be wrong with him.  Please help us, we are all we have...each
other.  Since I brought him home he has been on Amoxicillin (sp) and Felovite
(vitamin sup.)  He seems to not have and any more siezures and acts just as
he always has.  (Lazy)  :)  He the so lovable and has not ever bitten or
nipped ever.  He loves everybody especially women!!!  He love to kiss.  I
cant keep him away from my mouth.  We lay on the couch and watch TV at night
together.  We would be so very grateful for any info to help us.
Thank you so much.
I've subscribed to this newsletter for severl months now and I read it to Mac
every night before we hit the sack.
Our prayers go out to Vixon's family.
Thank all of you again.
Laura and Mac-the-ferret