From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:06:06 -0500
>i took about 2-3 cc's of ferretone and put it in a small bowl of water.
>the ferretone is oily and floats on top of the water.  it disperses when
>his tongue hits it, and he keeps drinking to get more ferretone.

Here's a trick that I use - I have found that many of my ferrets when sick
prefer to be hand-fed and watered.  While they will lap water up out of my
hand, it is a notoriously inefficient method.  At this point, in a medium
ize bowl of water, I will submerge a cupped hand just below the surface
of the water - enough that the water will fill my hand.  The ferret then
thinks that they are actually drinking from my hand, when they are just
drinking out of the bowl.  They tend to drink quite a bit more.

With kindest regards,
Bruce H. Williams, DVM, DACVP

Join the Ferret Health List at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-Health-list