From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:21:51 -0700
Dear All,

It's been a hectic past couple weeks, but I just have to thank everyone
that supported our FERRETSTOCK 2008. It was by far the most successful
ever. Folks came, flew in and drove, from all over the country. During
the course of the day, about 100 people joined me here on the farm,
visited the shelter and the Love Shack, ate food off the grill, had
cold drinks and got to meet old friends and make new ones.

The heat was almost unbearable, being in the upper 90's! That morning,
anticipating the heat, we devised a standing pole with misters at the
top. One of the volunteers, Lisa Jo, went out and got a good size
wading pool too. Forgetting all formalities, folks throughout the day
got in and out of the misters and pool.

Thank you to all that contributed donations for our raffles. I'm so
grateful for everyone that couldn't come, but visited our website and
bought raffle tickets. There were alot of hand crafted items, and as
much as the pics were good on the website, seeing them all displayed
on the raffle tables was really wonderful to see. I've contacted and
heard back from all that submitted online rafflesand won something,
except for Carol O, and Sue M. Drop me an email, so I can get your
winnings to you!

Our DJ, the Ferretone himself, Bob Adams rocked us out all day and
night, and we even did Karaoke. He was his usual self, a great emcee
for the event!

I'm serious when I tell everyone, that when the sun goes down, it's
an adult party. It sure was, but everyone was well behaved. A few
years ago, by an accident I had walking into a tent pole, the event of
"Shelter Moms Pole Dancing For Dollars" was born, aka "Shelter Moms
Gone Wild". I'm not sure exactly how many, but we had about 12 shelter
ops/volunteers in attendance. We got just about all of them up for the
event, and was able to send them home with a little extra in their
pockets!! It's all in good fun! It's been suggested that next time we
do a CD of the event!

We usually have Ferretstock in April or May, but conflicts pushed us
into June.....I don't think we're going to that again! Besides the
heat, it cuts into my time to start planning for our other yearly event
"OKTOBERFEST"! It's the same as Ferretstock, just held in the Fall. Be
looking for the announcement of that date, and make your plans to come
join us.

Again, thank you for all of your support for nearly 13 years! I'm very
grateful!

Affectionately,
Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's