From:
Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 03:26:36 +700
My sincere sympathy to Robin Davis, Steven Woodcock, and to others who have
recently suffered the passing away of their ferrets.  Slinky and Sydney
died plus a third ferret, says Auntie Robin who has 4 ferrets still
surviving happily.

If possible Auntie Robin, what is (are) the source(s) of the ferrets
Slinky, Sydney, and the third ferret?  Could you tell us the ages of these
three departed ferrets and the reason (if you know) for their deaths?

To Steven Woodcock, who lost Puck, where did Puck come from.
And Mica . . . where is Mica from?

Also, what is the purpose of the colloidal silver treatment?

To Dick B.  (Sorry I don't know your surname) of Li'l Paws Ferret Shelter
who posted:

Diarrhea due to flare-up of a common bacterium that often resides
asymptomatically in the GI tract

Could you please tell us the name of the single bacterium you've made
reference to?  Actually you used the plural form "bacteria" which may be
understood to mean more than just one type of common bacterium.  So it's
hard to understand if you're referring to one kind only or to many kinds.
If so, what may they (or it) be?

Is it known if the coccidia bacterium is a common resident of the GI tract?
And is this the organism responsible for the pre-death symptom of black
tarry feces?

Also what, if anybody knows, what is the purpose of the caecum?

To Mattias Lindstrom, is the word TAM ILLER(N) a proper Swedish noun for
ferret?  Could you spell the Swedish word for MINK?

I would respectfully suggest that when posting the passing away of beloved
ferrets, if the owners could include the source and age of their deceased
ferret and the reason (if known) why the ferret died, this information
could be very valuable to researchers who scour the archives for
statistical data or for other reasons.

Thanks very much.

Edward Lipinski of Ferret Endowment for Research, Rehabilitation, Education
& Training Society, NorthWest.