From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:37:09 -0700
Time is nearing for the Midwest Ferret Fellowship Faire Saturday, October
21, 2006, at the Deltaplex (Hillside Room) in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
We're very excited about this event because this is the first time a
ferret show has been held on the West side of the state.

The Deltaplex has been home to dog shows, cat shows and most recently
the West Michigan Pet Expo that garnered approximately 5,500 people.
Interestingly enough, the Great Lakes Avicultural Society is holding
their 30th Annual Bird Fair and Show the same day in the West River
Room which is adjacent to our room.

FERRETS & PARROTS AT THE DELTAPLEX!!!

We're especially proud and honored to have Kim Schilling and Bob Church
with us for the day.

The mission of the MFF is to "educate and promote awareness of
domesticated ferrets as companion pets." Dedicated members are working
hard to make this event one that achieves our mission.  We're proud of
the camaraderie that exists within the Fellowship and we invite you to
be part of the experience.

We again have the honor of working with Michigan State University vet
students for judging.

SPECIALTY RINGS (open to all ferrets over 16 weeks of age as of the show
date) featuring: ALBINO/ DARK-EYED WHITE, CHOCOLATE, CINNAMON/CHAMPAGNE,
SABLE, BLACK SABLE, SILVER, BLAZE/BADGER, POINT/SIAMESE, MITT/PANDA,
SENIOR, HANDICAPPED  (*Walk-Ins accepted up to 30 minutes before class
starts, $15 entry fee)

GAMES: PAPER BAG ESCAPE, SOCK IT TO 'EM, BEST COSTUME, FERRET JOCKEY,
LITTLE BEGGAR, YAWNING FERRET, CAR RACE, QUICKEST TONGUE, KISSING CONTEST
($1 per entry per game)

VENDORS to satisfy your craving for purchasing anything and everything
ferrety

All ferrets entering show hall must show proof of rabies and distemper
vaccinations.

SHOW TIME:
  VET CHECK STARTS AT 8AM
  OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AT 9AM
  JUDGING STARTS AT 10AM

Contact: [log in to unmask] or call 616/447-2978
Visit our website: www.midwestferretfellowship.org

HOSTED BY: West Michigan Ferret Connection AND Deb's Ferret Rescue &
Boarding

Sponsored in part by: The Ferret Store

DISCLAIMER: Because there is always the possibility of exposure to
infectious diseases for your ferret when they are brought out into
social gatherings, the Midwest Ferret Fellowship recommends that you
use precaution for your ferret with minimal handling and exposure of
your ferret and other animals at this event.